[CentOS] upg. CentOS 7.5 to 7.6: unable to mount smb shares - samba NT domain member using ldap

Mon Dec 31 08:03:05 UTC 2018
Miroslav Geisselreiter <mg at intar.cz>

Thank you Gordon for this tip but it does not solve my problem.

 From smb.conf:
workgroup = NT4DOMAIN
netbios name = NT4MEMBER

I am able to connect to smb share from linux client:
smbclient //NT4MEMBER/share1 -U NT4MEMBER\\user1
but from windows machine it is not possible.

Correct command from linux client should be
smbclient //NT4MEMBER/share1 -U NT4DOMAIN\\user1
(user is from NT4DOMAIN, not from NT4MEMBER)

This command is not working after upgrade. Logs say something about crap
domain:
[26721]: pam auth crap domain: [NT4DOMAIN] user: user1
[26699]: pam auth crap domain: NT4DOMAIN user: user1
set_dc_type_and_flags_connect: DC for domain NT4DOMAIN claimed it was a
DC for domain NT4MEMBER, refusing to initialize
NTLM CRAP authentication for user [NT4DOMAIN]\[user1] returned
NT_STATUS_NO_MEMORY

 From Windows clients there is no way how to connect.

It looks like winbindd should use NT4DOMAIN but using NT4MEMBER.

Mirek