[CentOS] Connect CentOS 7 / GNOME to wireless WPA2/AES ?

Nicolas Kovacs

info at microlinux.fr
Mon Dec 3 07:09:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

I just shipped a CentOS 7 laptop with a slightly customized GNOME
desktop to one of my clients who works for a belgian public broadcasting
service. He wants to move away from the world of proprietary software,
so he sent me a list of specifications, which we have almost completed.
There's a handful of items we still have to work out. One of them is the
specific wireless connection available at his workplace.

He can connect to his home network OK using the NetworkManager applet
provided in the GNOME desktop. But at his workplace, it's a different
setup with WPA2/AES.

Has anybody on this list ever used this kind of wireless connection
method, which involves installing a certificate? Or maybe you can point
me to the relevant documentation?

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat