[CentOS] Accidentally nuked my system - any suggestions ?

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue Dec 4 22:50:25 UTC 2018

Le 04/12/2018 à 23:12, mark a écrit :
> I think how I'd go about it would be to boot off a rescue disk, then
> either try to mount the raid, or just edit the /etc/mdadm.conf, and
> tell it only sda, and maybe sdb marked as failed. Then see if you can
> mount the raid.

OK, I got a partial success that's not so bad. The bad news is that the
system won't boot even if I unplug sdb. The good news is I'm currently
retrieving my data.

Once I booted a Slax Live CD with only sda connected, I couldn't mount
it since it's a RAID member. So here's what I did.

# mdadm -Ss
# mdadm -A -R /dev/md9 /dev/sda3
# mount /dev/md9 /mnt

A peek in /mnt, seems like everything's still there. So I'm currently
transferring 300 GB of data to my server.

A word on backups. I have all the vital stuff on my server, with daily
snapshots using Rsnapshot. But all the audio and video stuff is
excluded, not to mention all my settings in Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

Anyway: thanks very much for your help, guys.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr