[CentOS] Weird problems with CentOS 7.6 1810 installer

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:01:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 02:02, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just updated my installation media for CentOS. I have a few sandbox
> PCs in my office, and I'm testing CentOS 7.6 1810 on them. There seem to
> be a few issues with the CentOS 7.6 1810 DVD.
>
> Checked DVD integrity on startup : OK.
>
> First attempt : installer froze on root password dialog.
>
> Second attempt : installer froze on dependency calculation.
>
> Third attempt : installer froze on network interface definition.
>
> Similar behavior on two different machines.
>
> On the same machine, the minimal DVD seems to work OK.
>
> I could manage to switch to another virtual console, and I have the
> following kernel log messages:
>
> WARNING: kernel:perf: interrupt took too long
>
> Any idea what's going on here?
>
> I should add that all the previous CentOS 7 installation DVDs worked
> perfectly on these PCs (Dell Optiplex 330).

Well the Captain Obvious answer is something hardware related is
taking too long while the system is working out sample loads.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=187636 It is supposedly an
informational versus the reason the system died.

How much memory do the systems have, what is its CPU, and how many
packages are you installing? [The Dell Optiplex 330 is from 2007 and
came with several different layouts so it might need info.] Finally
does the install work if you only choose what the minimal would
install?

> Cheers,
>
> Niki
> --
> Microlinux - Solutions informatiques durables
> 7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
> Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
> Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr
> Mail : info at microlinux.fr