[CentOS] KVM Bridge Problem

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Wed Dec 5 13:41:28 UTC 2018

Hello List,

thanks for the answer

Am Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2018, 21:59:58 CET schrieb Alexander Dalloz:
> Am 04.12.2018 um 21:30 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> > Hello,
> > is this only my mistake,or can help any from the list?
> >
> > I have 3 host computer on different places, but all have the Problem when
> > starting a client "KVM" to connect to the bridge from the host.
> >
> > It is near not possible to start a client, only after 10-20 reboot/restart
> > from the client's the network is starting correct?
>
> Logs are the only source of truth. Without them everything is pure
> speculation.

this are the Error log
[ INFO ] Network Manager is not active.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Network Manager Wait Online.
         Starting LSB: Bring up/down networking...
[FAILED] Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking.
See 'systemctl status network.service' for details.

A "systemctl restart network" ends with a error

I mean without NetworkManager I have always this Error in KVM Clients now,
with Update 1810 ?

I have found a workaround for me in the Momemt.
I enable NetworManager on boot and disable NetworkManager in the ifcfg-ethX
files

Now the most time the clients are starting with a working Network ??