[CentOS] CentOS 7.6.1810 UEFI/Shim issue .. feedback wanted !

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Dec 6 09:44:43 UTC 2018

We got some reports from people unable to reboot their nodes after
updating to 7.6.1810, and basically to newer shim (v15).
It seems to affect only nodes in UEFI mode, but without SecureBoot.

We wrote that in the ReleaseNotes, including a link to the bug report :
https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=15522

We have now a workaround in that bug report, and also a new interim
build (not signed by Microsoft yet) but we need feedback , as the only
node on which I could test this myself is my old 2008 iMac computer  .. :-(

Once we'll have enough positive (but also negative) feedback about this
new build, we'll be able to send to Microsoft for signing and so
consider that bug closed. Worth also noticing that if we can have that
ready in the updates, we'll be able to spin a monthly iso that will then
work on such uefi nodes too.

Kind Regards,

--
Fabian Arrotin