[CentOS] Can't configure GDM after update to CentOS 7.6

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Thu Dec 6 16:56:48 UTC 2018

On 12/06/2018 08:10 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 06/12/2018 à 15:24, James Pearson a écrit :
>> I suspect it might be something that has been left out in the rebase to
>> GDM 3.28.1 - an earlier change log for GDM has:
>
> On a side note, I've now spent a day and a half trying to recover my
> wrecked desktop profiles, with only a partial success. As it looks now,
> I'll probably move all my desktop installations to openSUSE Leap 15 and
> KDE 5 in the near future.
>
> As far as I can tell, rebasing GNOME in the middle of a minor update was
> not a good idea.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

They did a similar thing with NetworkManager few releases ago that
caused all my servers to start grabbing randomized IPv6 addresses
instead of static they previously grabbed.

I don't understand why Red Hat makes these kind of changes in point
releases - yet they won't update OpenSSL or PHP or Postfix in a point
release.

It's like they use /dev/random to determibe where they require API
stability between point releases.

--
For signature trust anchor (paranoid only need worry 'bout this):
https://ca.pipfrosch.com/pipfrosch-cacert-pem.crt

Webmail clients, sorry, out of luck, you can't import it.
Get an actual e-mail app.