[CentOS] ZFS fails with C7 957

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Dec 6 23:22:24 UTC 2018

On Dec 6, 2018, at 17:45, david <david at daku.org> wrote:

> Folks
>
> I have two USB connected drives, configured as a mirrored-pair in ZFS.  It's been working fine UNTIL I updated Centos
> from 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64
>  to 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
>
> The import of the pools didn't happen at boot.  When I tried executing:
> zpool list
> I got the diagnostic suggesting I do /sbin/modprobe zfs
> And that command claimed the module didn't exist.

You need to go wherever you got your ZFS kernel module and rebuild it for the kernel included in CentOS 7.6.1810. I had to rebuild several of my kmods for the -957 kernels too. If you use a kmod that relies on kernel symbols that are not on the kabi whitelist, you need to rebuild the kmod for every minor release, and probably several times mid release.

--
Jonathan Billings