[CentOS] CentOS 7.6 external USB dmesg issue

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:20:02 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 09:14, Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Do you have any "history" with the adapter you connected them to?  If not
> consider it as a possibility as well
> >(from bad experience of total filesystem/partition corruption on two hard
> drives only to discover it was >something on the motherboard).
>
> Actually yes I used them many times back on C7.5   Both the motherboard and
> USB adapter.
> Thanks,

What kind of solid state 2 TB drive is this and how is it 'powered'?
It is looking like the drives aren't getting completely written to
before being removed as the ext4 error is a 'oh wait this drive
doesn't have everything I expected too late to give up aaaaaaaaaah'
type oops.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.