[CentOS] Firewalld and iptables

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Fri Dec 14 22:20:43 UTC 2018

On Dec 14, 2018, at 3:14 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

>    alias fcp="sudo firewall-cmd —permanent"

These commands are top-of-mind for me at the moment because I just configured a Raspberry Pi based network appliance at home, and installed firewalld on it for the purpose because I like it so much better than raw iptables commands.

The default OS for the Raspberry Pi is derived from Debian, which has firewalld in its package repository but doesn’t use it by default.  I found it well worth going out of my way to get firewalld on that Pi.

Good stuff!