[CentOS] Firewalld and iptables

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Dec 15 00:55:33 UTC 2018

--On Friday, December 14, 2018 5:57 PM -0500 Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us>
wrote:

> Well, there are about 20 of them and several screen widths
> long.  However they all end with one of two reasons:
>
>   : No chain/target/match by that name.
>   : Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?).

Put them on a pastebin so we can see them at full width. The chain names
should tell us what's responsible for them.

> After the update I got email from "ckservices" that firewalld was down.
> I saw the above mentioned iptable errors and checked the iptables.service
> to find it masked.  I shutdown firewalld, unmasked, enabled, and started
> iptables.service and then firewalld.  Same errors.  So I shutdown iptables
> service, masked it, and restarted firewalld.

Note that the iptables utilities and the iptables service are distinct. I
install the utilities so that I can inspect the kernel chains that filterd
creates. But I don't install the iptables service.