[CentOS] KVM Client NetworkManager Problem

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Sun Dec 16 13:27:33 UTC 2018

hello Greg,

thanks for the answer, now I am not so alone ;-)

this Problem with the third NIC in a KVM Client is from Update to Update
stronger. I mean on start the Installation "CentOS 7.0" we don't have this
Problem!

without NetworkManager is run, on my system, I can't start the third Network-
Card, I have always a LSB Error on the KVM-Clients ??

So now I found a workaround for my Problem :-(. (What are changed in the
Network Configuration)

I set up the first and second NIC to "hostdev" (hardware) this is running also
before the update and set “NM_CONTROLLED=no” to this NIC's.

The third is a Bridge controlled Interface now is running with NetworkManager
as a static Interface with "PEERDNS=no" so I have my resolv.conf is not always
change and NetworkManager don't create a new Interface with a DHCP config ??

Why Network Manager do that with 7.6, I can't say but I am not happy witzh
this update :-(.

--
mit freundliche Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer