[CentOS] Fedora Server - as an alternative ?

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Dec 20 15:33:42 UTC 2018

lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
> hi guys
>
> I wonder if any Centosian here have done something different than only
> contemplated using Fedora Server, actually worked on it in test/production
> envs.
>
> If here are some folks who have done it I want to ask if you deem it to
> be a viable option to put it on at least portion of servers stack.
>
> Anybody?

I would not run it as a server. In a server and workstation environment,
you do *not* want to have daily multiple updates to software, you want
stability, or you're likely to have your users seriously aggravated by
you, for breaking their jobs far too frequently.

Spin up a VM or two, for folks who actually (or think they actually) need
newer software and utility stacks, but use something stable as a base.

      mark "I do see how many update's my manager's fedora box gets..."