[CentOS] Dell server dropping packets

Tue Dec 4 17:12:25 UTC 2018
Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com>

Hi All - I have a Dell R430 server running CentOS 7.5 that is dropping
packets on the network.   Its connected to Cisco switch at AUTO for the
port.  The server reports 1000M on the network. I even changed the setting
for the switch to 1000M full, that did not seem to make a difference either.

What else might I look at as to why its dropping packets? Its mainly 90'ish
percent idle. so not doing much at this time. I have no idea what else is
happening on the network.

I set a windows box on the same network and just did a "ping" to the server
and once in a while it lost the packets or my putty connection dropped
etc...

Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks!

Jerry