[CentOS] KVM Bridge Problem

Tue Dec 4 20:59:58 UTC 2018
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 04.12.2018 um 21:30 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> Hello,
> is this only my mistake,or can help any from the list?
>
> I have 3 host computer on different places, but all have the Problem when
> starting a client "KVM" to connect to the bridge from the host.
>
> It is near not possible to start a client, only after 10-20 reboot/restart
> from the client's the network is starting correct?

Logs are the only source of truth. Without them everything is pure
speculation.

> Is this  only on my computers or have other also this Problem?
>
> Is the bridge software is broken ?

What does your system report in the relevant log files?

> Can I use openvswitch to replace bridge Software?

Sure you can. It takes a bit more effort to setup openvswitch. It can be
worth it depending on your network design.

> Any help are welcome ;-)

First of all it would be necessary from your side to provide details
about your setup. Running KVM with a bridge setup is not enough info.

Get your config sorted and the logs.

Alexander