[CentOS] Spamassassin + Postfix : delete spam mail on the server ?

Tue Dec 18 13:05:50 UTC 2018
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> Hi,
>
> My mail server is running on CentOS 7 with Postfix, Dovecot and
> Spamassassin. I get quite a lot of spam on a few accounts, and
> Spamassassin does its job fine. Spam mail is identified correctly, and
> it looks like there are no false positives, e. g. valid mail is never
> identified as spam.
>
> When a message is flagged as spam, the subject line is rewritten to
> begin with [SPAM]. Then, a filter in Mozilla Thunderbird is setup, and
> when a subject line begins with [SPAM] the message is directly sent to
> Trash.

You have two options:

If you have mimedefang installed and using it run spamassassin over all
incoming messages, you can change mimedefang's default spamassassin filter
interface from merely tagging messages to actually rejecting them --
mimedefang can return a code to tell Postfix to boot the spam message with a
5xx status.

Or you can have a recipe in .procmailrc to file (or otherwise) messages tagged
as spam.

(Another thing you can do is configure Postfix's access and client.cidr files
to refuse to even talk to various hosts that are known spam sources -- pretty
much all of China, Vietnam, Russia (and former USSR countries), and Brazil as
well as all of the "silly" TLDs: .science, .stream, .store, .webcam,
.acountant, .life, .today, and many more.)

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933