[CentOS] Updating 7.5->7.6

Tue Dec 18 16:43:23 UTC 2018
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018, mark wrote:
>
>> Is there something missing?

> An updated nvidia-x11-drv-304xx package.  Have you queried this with
> elrepo? Is 304 a dead-end now given it's not had an update since September
> 2017?

Ah, yes, my email address was blocked by elrepo, so I emailed list owners,
and that bounced, because "known source of spam", and they don't even give
me a link to find out about getting unblocked.

<rant>
Blocking spam by blocking mailservers IS A 20 year old method that DOESN'T
WORK ANY MORE, because most hosting providers host literally millions of
domains. With that, no matter how big their staff is, it can't possibly
keep up with all the people who create a burner account to send out spam,
with the result that tens or hundreds of thousands of domains are blocked.

Go ahead, tell me what the hosting providers should do... or is it that
everyone should pay for the expensive commercial hosting (when you're not
a business site)....

No, the method is no good. Nor has it been good for almost 20 years. I'm
pretty sure I've mentioned that one of them blocked that way... roadrunner
for Chciago... which covered most of the home and SOHO users in all of
Chicago, as they'd eaten all the smaller ISPs.
</rant>

     mark