[CentOS] how to implement rate-limiting measures on interfaces using IPTables?

Wed Dec 19 22:56:53 UTC 2018
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:07 PM -0500 Sean Son
<linuxmailinglistsemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been tasked to implement rate-limiting measures on interfaces using
> IPTables in RHEL 7.
>
> I know that in order to implement it using FirewallD, I will need to run
> the following command:
>
> firewall-cmd --direct --add-rule ipv4 filter IN_public_allow 0 -p tcp -m
> limit --limit 25/minute --limit-burst 100 -j ACCEPT
>
> How would I do the same using IPtables?

firewalld uses iptables under the hood. So just snoop on what rules
firewalld created. Use "iptables-save > /tmp/firewalld-iptables.dump" and
inspect the result.