[CentOS] upgrading 7.5 ==> 7.6

Fri Dec 21 20:44:19 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 06:27:45PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2018-12-19, Fred Smith
> <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Result: Boots to GDM just fine, but Mate is a black screen. Switching
> > to Gnome, works fine, but I can't stand Gnome.  Not knowing what else
> > to try I restored the dd backup.
>
> This is a known issue, and was mentioned on this list recently. The
> problem is that Mate in EPEL needs to be updated to work with CentOS
> 7.6. Perhaps keep an eye on changes to the EPEL repo before attempting
> the upgrade again.

Thanks, Liam, for the info.

Since it IS working on the netbook I'm hoping that means that whatever
needed updating has been updated.

So, I compared the versions on my desktop with those on the netbook, and
find that mate_dictionary, mate-disk-usage-analyzer, mate-screenshot,
mate-search-tool, mate-system-log, mate-system-monitor, mate-utilsk,
mate-utils-common all had a minor version bump. Some from 1.16.1-1 to
1.16.1-2, one from 1.16.0-1 to 1.16.0-2.

I know there are other packages that do not contain "mate" in their names,
but I don't know which they are.

So, do you (or anyone else) happen to know which Mate packages are/were
in need of update?

thanks again, in advance.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.