[CentOS] /dev/md1 => 93% Used. Warning. Disk Filling up. - what would be safe to delete in /boot ?

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Wed Feb 7 09:16:13 UTC 2018

> Could someone please suggest me, which files in my /boot partition would be
> safe to delete?

Don't "delete" anything. It's to do with old kernels - kernels aren't
updated as such, new ones are just installed. So long as you don't need
the old kernels, just remove the old kernel RPMs.

In fact there are a number of tools to help you.  By default yum keeps
5 versions of old kernels (which is usually too many for the default
/boot size - good joined-up thinking there!), that number is specified
in /etc/yum.conf as "installonly_limit=5" - change that to a suitable
number for you, personally I use '3', some people have '2' - don't put
it at '1' because then you'll not be able to use an old version to boot
in to in emergency.

The package yum-utils has the package-cleanup command to deal with
various yum issues, including sorting out old kernels. Do

   package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=3

to clean everything to do with old kernels leaving 3 versions on your
system.

P.