[CentOS] Issues with NVidia video driver and CentOS

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 15:07:00 UTC 2018

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, Felipe Westfields wrote:

> I'm on a network that is disconnected from the internet; makes things kind
> of awkward sometimes. We have some internal repositories that are supposed
> to mirror centos, and EPEL - don't have one (that I'm aware of) that
> mirrors elrepo.
> But it looks like it's looking for just that one package; if that's all I
> need to get these installed, then hopefully this can be wrapped up.

Thing is, what you've posted makes no sense to me.

>>> that first one appears to have a dependency on "NVidia-x11-drv-304xx = 304.135" and I can't find that package anywhere - I've checked CentOS

In short, you're saying that
nvidia-x11-drv-304xx-304.135-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm requires NVidia-x11-drv-304xx = 304.135

I find this hard to believe, given you're really saying it requires itself.

How about you don't summarise what you've done, but download again the files
you think you need, and paste actual output when you get errors.

jh