[CentOS] Two MACs for one IP

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Feb 13 21:31:01 UTC 2018

The reason I want to assign one IP to two MAC addresses is that I have one
(and only one) user for whom I have to spoof the MAC address (it's a case
of stupid software licensing). But... his system is encrypted. Now, we're
using clevis to allow reboots without someone being at the keyboard to
type in the password. Those of you who've looked at clevis see where this
is going: clevis uses the *real* firmware MAC address to get the key from
the latchset server... while currently, the dhcpd *only* knows the spoofed
MAC address.

After the system's unlocked, it boots, and comes up with the spoofed MAC
address.

It *appears* I can do this, but I thought I'd ask here if there were any
issues that dhcpd itself would have if I do.

       mark