[CentOS] iptables routing question when using multiple IP addresses

Ken Gramm

ken at thegramms.net
Fri Feb 16 14:54:02 UTC 2018

I've been searching around for a couple of days, and I just can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I have a 6.x box that I use as my gateway firewall.  It has three NICs; 1 external, 1 internal, 1 for a guest network.

I have various inbound traffic routed to separate internal machines based on the application (ie. http, smtp, ftp, etc....).

All works well, but I'd like to add a second IP address to the external NIC and then route a second https stream to a different internal machine.

So https traffic on one IP address goes to one internal machine and https traffic on a second IP address goes to a different internal machine.

Seems like it should be an everyday configuration, but I can't find any clear examples on how to do it.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ken Gramm