[CentOS] Adding new automount entries to a map served via sssd from AD

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Wed Feb 21 17:01:18 UTC 2018

James Pearson wrote:

> I've been experimenting with setting up a CentOS 7 client using
> automount maps from Active Directory via sssd
>
> I've followed the instructions given at:
>
>    https://ovalousek.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/autofs/
>
> and all works fine
>
> However, I can't seem to make the client 'see' new map entries added to
> the map on the AD server - I've tries reducing various timeout settings
> in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf to see if that helps - e.g.
>
>    entry_cache_timeout = 60
>    entry_cache_autofs_timeout = 15
>
> but map entries don't appear at all - unless I run 'sss_cache -A' to
> invalidate the sssd autofs map caches
>
> Does anyone know how to make new map entries appear automagically ?

... having been trying to get this to work all day - entries are now
appearing soon after being added (and disappearing when removed) on the
AD server

Just now need to work out what I changed to make it work - may be the
act of sending an email to the list 'fixed' the issue :-)

Sorry for the noise

James Pearson