[CentOS] RADIUS

hw hw at gc-24.de
Fri Feb 23 11:37:14 UTC 2018

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, hw wrote:
>
>> That would be a problem because clients using PXE-boot require network
>> access, and it wouldn´t contribute to security if unauthorized clients were
>> allwed to PXE-boot.
>
> What problem are you actually trying to solve?

There are multiple problems like providing employees and customers with
LAN and/or internet access and making the network more secure:  When using
RADIUS for keeping track of employees and customers, why not use it for
more security as well.

Network access is not the only thing authentication is needed for.  Perhaps
RADIUS can be used for other things as well; I don´t know what all you can
use it for.