[CentOS] Cloud image_index: is 1801-01 a release?

Nicholas Timkovich

npt at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 26 22:44:42 UTC 2018

I load CentOS cloud images into our infrastructure for our users to use,
and I have a script that looks at
https://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/image-index, picking what has the
highest revision, to find the new hotness. Up until the most recent image,
they've all appeared in there; is this changing going forward?

How can I automatically find the newest one and its revision tag? The
untagged "latest" ones (linked to by the https://wiki.centos.org/Download
page) don't appear in the sha256sums file, so I couldn't even compare sums.

Can I petition for keeping the cloud image-index up-to-date?

--
Nick Timkovich | Software Engineer | Computation Institute, University of
Chicago | npt at uchicago.edu