[CentOS] Any alternatives for the horrible reposync

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:35:54 UTC 2018

On 28 February 2018 at 08:07, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
<dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
> On 27.02.2018 16:45, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> On 27 February 2018 at 06:11, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
>> <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> What I mean by inexplicable is that it would make more sense to make
> reposync a generic tool for syncing yum repos and then simply provide
> the option to use /etc/yum.conf rather then to hard-code (as is
> apparently the case) these system specific behaviors.

I think that people have been wanting to do that for 12? years now,
but no one seems to have actually done so. I don't know if the code is
impossible to fix or that everyone keeps assuming someone else will do
it for them someday, or a combination of the two.. [developer starts
looking to fix the code, and then just decides that it would be better
if someone else fixed it for them someday].

> For now what seems to work is using a unique repo name in the config
> file to make it impossible for reposync to find a matching file in
> /var/cache/yum but that's more of a hack than a fix for the issue.

.. you know I think that is what I do but just didn't think about why
I do it. I apologize for not pointing out that hack-fix so you had to
rediscover it.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.