[CentOS] Anyone using GQRX in Centos-7, for SDR ?

Thu Feb 1 22:38:09 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I gave myself a toy, one of those cheap USB Software Define Radios, and
would like to use it on my C7 box. Having wasted some time on it, I gave
up and installed Ubuntu on a USB HD so I can boot that to play with SDR.
The Ubuntu GQRX installation is well documented and went off without a hitch.
but I just hate having to boot something else on my main box (partly because
it also runs a mailserver for my personal domain, partly because, well,
I just want my box running CentOS, not Ubuntu.)

Searching through SDR info on line I see someone has documented installing
all the bits for C6, but I suspect the process is different for C7.

BTW, I installed the various bits I could find from, er, I think some
came from li.nux.ro, some perhaps from epel, on C7, but couldn't get
them to properly function.

Worse, when the USB radio is unplugged from the system, it locks up hard.

then a few days ago, I  had been playing with it using the UBUNTU install,
did a reboot and for kicks fired up the GQRX on Centos, and lo and behold
it worked! I tried running it on Centos yesterday and it reverted to type,
i.e., lock up hard. I suspect that Ubuntu is leaving some hardware in a
state that allows it to work on a subsequent Centos boot (without poweroff),
but no clue what.

So, if anyone can point me to how  to use it on C7, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks in advance!

Fred
               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.