[CentOS] Allowing non-root users to reboot a workstation

Fri Feb 2 16:09:02 UTC 2018
Felipe Westfields <felipe.westfields at gmail.com>

I would like to be able to allow regular users that don't have admin
privileges to be able to reboot their workstation. (they're software
developers so rebooting their workstation doesn't affect anybody else)

I tried changing the ownership of /sbin/reboot and /sbin/shutdown to
root:users and permissions to 550, but that didn't work - it's still asking
for root privileges.

Possibly the problem might be that there's centralized LDAP authentication,
not local, so the changes I made only apply to local accounts?

Any suggestions?

FW