[CentOS] Adding new automount entries to a map served via sssd from AD

Wed Feb 21 16:36:45 UTC 2018
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

I've been experimenting with setting up a CentOS 7 client using
automount maps from Active Directory via sssd

I've followed the instructions given at:

  https://ovalousek.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/autofs/

and all works fine

However, I can't seem to make the client 'see' new map entries added to
the map on the AD server - I've tries reducing various timeout settings
in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf to see if that helps - e.g.

  entry_cache_timeout = 60
  entry_cache_autofs_timeout = 15

but map entries don't appear at all - unless I run 'sss_cache -A' to
invalidate the sssd autofs map caches

Does anyone know how to make new map entries appear automagically ?

Thanks

James Pearson