[CentOS] OT - pushing database updates to web browser

Wed Feb 7 16:45:57 UTC 2018
Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk>

On Wednesday 07 February 2018 14:57:47 Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Search for websockets and html5.
>
> eg.
> http://srchea.com/build-a-real-time-application-using-html5-websockets
>
> all the best,
>    Timotheus

Thanks for this. Looks a very interesting article, and exactly what I'm
looking for.

Thanks Leon for your reply too.  I do already make use of JS and
XMLHttpRequest in my pages but they are all driven by the client / JS code.

The new project will see 20+ users all managing a jobs list status page.
Rather than have all 20+ browsers poll the server every n seconds, I want a
method where if one user updates a job status it updates the server, and the
server then kicks the other clients into pulling the update.

The websockets above may well be the answer I need.