[CentOS] Ubiquiti Model UAP-AC-PRO

Sat Feb 17 16:09:51 UTC 2018
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

Mike Burger wrote:
> On 2018-02-16 9:29 am, hw wrote:
>> Mike Burger wrote:

>>> The cloudkey is a device that one purchases and runs the same management software, on your network, rather than installing the software onto a Linux server...it's literally the difference between an ethernet connected (and powered, if you have a PoE switch) device running the software or running it on a full fledged computer.
>>>
>>> There's no giving of the maintenance to someone else's hands.
>>
>> You mean it´s an access point controller Ubiquity makes?  Why don´t
>> they call it just that ...
>
> Because that's not the only function...it's the control center for your entire Ubiquity Ubifi network...APs, switches, routers, I guess.

Has anyone tried it?  I´d like to know if it´s more helpful than the
cli and the GUI built into their routers.

For the lack of documentation, it hasn´t been possible to set up things
the way they should be, and nobody on their forum is able or willing to
answer questions.

Thus Ubiquity is a dead end.  I can only recommend not to buy anything
they make before they come up with decent documentation.