[CentOS] Intel Flaw

Richard Zimmerman rzimmerman at riverbendhose.com
Fri Jan 5 18:30:39 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Chris Olson
Subject: [CentOS] Intel Flaw

>How does the latest Intel flaw relate to CentOS 6.x systems that run under VirtualBox
> hosted on Windows 7 computers?

My computer is  an much older AMD Athlon X2-250, 3.0ghz dual core, 02-2012
Windows 10 Pro (15063.850)

I just manually patched my system w/ the security only update from Microsoft.
Used the Pass Mark CPU test...

Before patch 1626, 1323 after patch or an 18.6% loss in speed.

Looking for a better test utility for Linux, but on my tested Linux boxen, doesn't seem to be any change.... But I'm using sysbench. Probably not the best utility in this case.

Regards,

Richard Zimmerman
River Bend Hose Specialty, Inc.