[CentOS] Nvidia maximum pixel clock issue in kmod-nvidia-384.98

Danny Smit danny.smit.0 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 11:27:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Phil Perry <pperry at elrepo.org> wrote:
> Normally elrepo only releases the long term branch for Enterprise Linux, on
> the assumption EL users will welcome the implied stability over more
> frequent and potentially buggy releases.

> In this case I had built the current short lived release as a user requested
> it for compatibility with the latest CUDA. However, as it is a short term
> branch release, it will stay in the testing repository indefinitely and will
> not be promoted to the main repository. Once it's been superseded by a
> subsequent long term branch release I will likely just delete it from the
> testing repo. That said, it should be fine to use (at your own risk).

Thanks,

I normally certainly prefer the stability of the long-lived releases.
I noticed an update was just released of the long-lived release:
384.111.
The notes for this release say:

>  Fixed a regression that prevented displays connected via some types of passive adapters (e.g. DMS-59 to VGA or DVI) from working correctly. The regression was introduced with driver version 384.98.

That sounds very much like my issue. I will verify next Monday if that
solves it for me. Can I assume that new 384.111 release will make it
into the main elrepo repository eventually?