[CentOS] Nvidia maximum pixel clock issue in kmod-nvidia-384.98

Phil Perry pperry at elrepo.org
Sat Jan 6 13:27:38 UTC 2018

On 06/01/18 12:00, Zube wrote:
> On Sat Jan 06 12:27:22 PM, Danny Smit wrote:
>
>>   I normally certainly prefer the stability of the long-lived releases.
>>   I noticed an update was just released of the long-lived release:
>>   384.111.  The notes for this release say:
>>
>>     Fixed a regression that prevented displays connected via some
>>     types of passive adapters (e.g. DMS-59 to VGA or DVI) from working
>>     correctly. The regression was introduced with driver version 384.98.
>>
>>   That sounds very much like my issue. I will verify next Monday if
>>   that solves it for me. Can I assume that new 384.111 release will
>>   make it into the main elrepo repository eventually?
>
> I can confirm the 384.111 version fixes the DVI problems with the
> NVS-315.
>
> Cheers,
> Zube

I've just built and released 384.111 to the elrepo main repository, so
it should show up on the mirrors shortly.

Thanks for the confirmation it fixes the issue. I've just updated my
local machine, which was unaffected by this issue, ran a few quick tests
(glmark2) and can confirm 384.11 looks fine on my hardware.

Just keep in mind, this will be a package 'downgrade' from version
387.34 in the elrepo testing repository due to the lower version number.