[CentOS] lshw in centos 7

david

david at daku.org
Fri Jan 12 01:23:32 UTC 2018

Folks

I've been running lshw for years in both Centos 6 and Centos 7, yet
just recently it started hanging.  Neither a Control^C nor a "kill"
of the process cured the hang; only a reboot.

When I run it by hand from the command line, it displays stuff on the
next line overwriting it with things like PCI, USB.  And USB is the
last thing I see.  A Control-C does not unlock it.

I am running lshw-B.02.18-7.el7.x86_64.  The CPU is an Intel
I7-3770K, running CentOS 7.4.1708

Is there any idea? Is there some alternate program that could list
the hardware?

Thanks

David