[CentOS] failure to start httpd after today update

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Tue Jan 23 03:28:13 UTC 2018

> Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 00:55:28 +0000
> From: Mikhail Utin <mikhailutin at hotmail.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I ran today update of my CentOS 6.9 running on Dell T105 (AMD
> OPTERON) and httpd failed to start. Any idea what could cause that?
> I never had a problem after CentOS 6.x update. Web server runs
> since March 2017. I do updates usually once in a week.

A bit more information could be useful - versions/errors

I don't believe that there has been an update to httpd for C6 since
late october, with updates for a number of other things being
released since then too (some of which, if installed, would have
required a reboot). Knowing the httpd version you have installed
would be a useful bit of detail.

What does your logging show? If it appears that only httpd isn't
starting, I would check the httpd error log first. If that doesn't
show enough then try the /var/log/messages .