[CentOS] New messages in journalctl

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Jan 30 13:19:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 10:04:39PM +0100, Martin Wagner wrote:

> The following messages have started to appear in the system log after
> the most recent update of my Centos7 machine
>
> gnome-software-service.desktop[3389]: 20:54:22:0879 Gs  no app for changed places-menu at gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
> gnome-software-service.desktop[3389]: 20:54:22:0886 Gs  no app for changed alternate-tab at gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
> gnome-software-service.desktop[3389]: 20:54:22:0898 Gs  no app for changed launch-new-instance at gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com

Those are the first line of multi-line journal messages, sent by
gnome-shell's javascript interpreter, most likely on the behalf of the
mentioned extensions. There might be more information in the later
part of the messages in your journal.

You can debug the extensions by starting GNOME Looking Glass, run it
by typing Alt-F2, type 'lg' and hit return.