[CentOS] Announcement: 32 bit Wine repo for RHEL and CentOS 7

Tue Jan 23 23:42:12 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 07:43:57PM +0100, Richard Grainger wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've created a yum repo for 32 bit wine packages on RHEL and CentOS 7:
>
> https://harbottle.gitlab.io/wine32/7/i386/
>
> The Wine packages work on both 32 bit and 64 bit RHEL/CentOS 7. There is no
> 32 bit version of the EPEL repo, where the standard RHEL/CentOS Wine
> packages can be found, so you may find this new repo useful if you need to
> run Windows software that requires the 32 bit version of Wine.
>
> The packages are all built from the EPEL source RPMs.  I had to tweak the
> spec file for wine itself slightly, but for the dependencies it's all pure
> rebuilds.
>
> Instructions:
>
> Code:
> yum -y install https://harbottle.gitlab.io/wine32/7/i386/wine32-release.rpm
> yum -y install wine.i686
>

> Please give it a try and tell me what you think!  It probably needs more
> testing.

there's nothing like replying 3 months later...

I've just installed these packages, and since I don't know nuthin'
about wine, I'm wondering if there is some procedure one should go
thru to make sure it's ready to go, before I try installing Windoze
packages on it...

I vaguely recall hearing about such things, but can't remember any
of the details.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice!

PS: Has anybody been able to get the Kindle for PC Reader to work on
wine? I'd appreciate hints.

thanks in advance!

Fred
                       I can do all things through Christ