[CentOS] Nvidia maximum pixel clock issue in kmod-nvidia-384.98

Wed Jan 3 20:14:17 UTC 2018
Zube <Zube at stat.colostate.edu>

On Wed Jan 03 07:43:04 PM, Phil Perry wrote:

> > On CentOS 7 I'm running into an issue with the latest nvidia driver
> > from elrepo: kmod-nvidia-384.98-1.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64
> > This driver version seem to introduce issue in detecting video modes
> > when a monitor is connected using DVI. As soon as the machine attempts
> > to start X, nothing happens and the monitor goes into sleep mode
> > reporting that it has 'no signal'.
> >
> > It is interesting because it occurs with several monitors, but only
> > when they are connected through DVI. When using VGA it works like a
> > charm.
> > Also it did work without problems with the previous driver version
> > (kmod-nvidia-384.90-1.el7_4.elrepo.x86_64), with the exact same setup.
> >
> > In this case the issue occurs with an Nvidia NVS 315. I don't know if
> > other nvidia cards are affected.

I can confirm that this happens with the driver downloaded from NVIDIA.
I had to fall back to the .90 driver to get it to work for all my
NVS 315s (with dual DVI) running on 7.4 / 6.9.

Cheers,
Zube