[CentOS] Intel Flaw

Fri Jan 5 18:46:53 UTC 2018
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On 5 January 2018 at 12:53, Chris Olson <chris_e_olson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How does the latest Intel flaw relate to CentOS 6.x systems
> that run under VirtualBox hosted on Windows 7 computers? Given
> the virtual machine degree of separation from the hardware, can

Supposedly a virtual machine can detect and leak out in various ways.
Both Xen and qemu are working through patches to deal with this. Other
virtual software vendors are probably working on this also. I am not
sure why the patches to the operating system do not stop this but it
seems to do with how the modern CPU does virtualization which makes
the Windows 7 patches not applicable.