[CentOS] lshw in centos 7 withdrawn

Fri Jan 12 22:18:51 UTC 2018
david <david at daku.org>

John--
Thanks for the suggestion.  I finally had a chance to get to the
system in question,  It was the only one of many that exhibited the
USB hang.  I tried a reboot with the two USB disks
disconnected.  Everything worked.  I plugged them in, and then did
both "lsusb -v" and "lshw", and again, everything worked.

Continuing my test:
Reboot with both drives plugged in:  all worked.

Power off, wait 1 minute for everything to quiet down, power on:  all worked.

So, I can't reproduce the problem.  I guess I have to blame cosmic
rays or those nasty gremlins that inhabit our IC's.  :-)  Or is it
related to the annoying spin-down and spin-up delay of external USB
disks.  I have issues with the spin-up delay on other CentOS
platforms, and have managed to find a kludge to avoid it most of the
time.  Windows 10 seems to handle the delay well.

Thanks for your idea.  At least it led me to "lsusb -v".

David