[CentOS] Samba issues with Win 10

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 3 17:54:38 UTC 2018

me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2018, mark wrote:
>> Walter H. wrote:

<snip>
> You did not say what version of samba you are running but I am going to
> assume it is not the samba4 rpms that come with c-6.

The default samba, 3.6.23-51.

> I would suggest that you remove the currently installed samba rpms and
> install samba4-4.2.10-12.el6_9.x86_64 and friends.
>
> I have several customers still running c-6 with the samba4 rpms using
> win10 and win server 2016 that work just fine and best of all no smb_1

The real issue, which you may have missed, is that this is *heavily* used
by the entire Office. Such an upgrade would require extensive testing
before we can roll it out. By the time we do that, we may have finally
ordered a replacement server for the system, and the new one will be C7.

This isn't a cube farm, but 30 or 50 or 60 people being out of capability
for hours or days is not something we do.

   mark