[CentOS] Firefox 60.0.1.0 ESR Progress?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jul 6 15:30:31 UTC 2018

On 07/05/2018 02:27 PM, Phil Wyett wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-07-05 at 06:16 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> On 07/03/2018 09:04 AM, Sean wrote:
>>>

> <snip>
>
>> OK guys .. Firefox 60 is going to take some time .. likely more for
>> CentOS-6 than CentOS-7.
>
>> They both (C6 and C7 versions) require many non OS tools to build.
>
>> For CentOS-7 .. we need the rust-toolset, llvm-toolset, and
>> devtoolset-7, to get the firefox to build.
>

> <snip>
>
> My current issue building the latest firefox is the required rust version.
>
> In the [sclo-rh] section of the epel-7 mock config I change line:
>
> includepkgs=devtoolset*

> includepkgs=devtoolset* llvm-toolset* rust-toolset*
>
> Current rust is 1.20 and configure will stop asking for 1.24.

indeed .. that is one issue.  I am working on it .. we also have to do
i386 as that is released in the base OS .. so I have to get a working
devtoolset-7 for i386, ppc64, ppc as well .. and the latest rust and the
latest llvm .. for i386, x86_64, ppc64le, ppc64, ppc, aarch64, armhfp
.. that is for C&

I would just do x86_64 and i386 first, then the rest .. BUT .. since I
have to bootstrap the devtoolket and llvm and rust on c7 for i386 anyway
.. also doig ti for the other arches does nto really add any more time
as the compiles are in parallel on different machines.

Hopefully for C7 I will have updates by Monday

For C6 .. I am going to need to rework rust, etc. .. that will take
longer  .. rust requires python27 not python26 .. so lots of patches are
going to be req'd for that.