[CentOS] Certbot error CentOS 7.5

Jerry Geis

jerry.geis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:54:03 UTC 2018

Hi All - I am running CentOS 7.5 and trying to use certbot.
I am getting an error 403 forbidden on the
/.well-known/acme-challenge/-CG_gSckofY5ln7TdMvoanDI1_FBRh8otQkyB0hxmoo

Some searching indicated permission problems... I also noticed that the
/var/www/html   directory does not even have the .well-known directory in
it.  The /var/www/html directory was root:root  I changed it to root:apache
and still same error.
 ls -l /var/www/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root     6 Jun 27 09:49 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x. 6 root apache 214 Jun 27 09:49 html

Anyone ran into this ? Got a fix?
Thanks,

Jerry