[CentOS] Where can I find the 6.10 centos-release srpm?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jul 11 18:56:19 UTC 2018

On 07/11/2018 01:39 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 07/11/2018 09:20 AM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>> On Thu, 2018-07-05 at 06:34 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>> I pushed the 3 SRPMs that are not in CR to:
>>>
>>> http://vault.centos.org/6.10/os/Source/SPackages/
>>
>>> All the other new SRPMS should be available from :
>>>
>>> http://vault.centos.org/6.9/cr/Source/SPackages/
>>
>> When you have time, could all 6.10 SRPMS be made available in 6.10/os as
>> well?
>>
>> Also, there are a few updates still missing: dhcp-4.1.1-61.P1.el6_10,
>> qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.506.el6_10.1 and kernel-2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.
>>

> They will all be there once all the tool sets for firefox are done
> building .. that is what the builders are all doing right now .. el6 and
> el7 devtoolset-7, llvm-toolset-7, rust-toolset-7 and all the deps /
> prereqs, bootstraps, etc.

For those that don't know what it entails ..

There are 7 arches for el7 .. each of the 7 arches needed 4 new repos
set up (devtoolset-7, llvm-toolset-7, rust-toolset-7, firefox) with
their own specific mock config.

For several of the packages in devtoolset-7 and rust-toolset .. there
are cyclic dependencies (gdb depends on gcc and gcc depends on gdb) ..
so you need to boot strap a package to use to build one of them .. then
use that bootstrap package to build the other .. then build them both
again, etc.  Same for el6 .. but the deps that need bootstrapping are
different.

for el6 .. only 2 arches (not 7) and only 2 extra repos .. but no el6
rust-toolset sources right now and the el7 source code does not work as
is .. it must be adapted for el6 (older python, no llvm, etc.)

I expect to have it all done by the end of this week .. probably by
tomorrow .. but it was quite challenging.

This is tying up the builders and the testing machines I have available
for building.  This is also unprecedented in EL sources .. several tool
kits required for one OS base package.  But , we'll get through it this
week.