[CentOS] C7, just updated firefox, bugs

Phil Perry pperry at elrepo.org
Fri Jul 13 17:13:13 UTC 2018

On 13/07/18 13:09, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 07/13/2018 02:36 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
>> Le 12/07/2018 à 16:36, mark a écrit :
>>> I just updated the "critical" firefox update, and it is *seriously*
>>> buggy.
>>
>> I just upgraded Firefox on a sandbox installation, and here's what I
>> noticed so far.
>>
>> 1. On startup, the whole window is black for 1 - 2 seconds, and then
>> Firefox displays OK.
>>
>> 2. Firefox is in english, though my whole system is in French, so I
>> guess translation files are messed up.
>>
>> Here's just an idea. Why not put Firefox in the CR repository while
>> working out issues this sort of issues?
>>

> Well .. it is working like the upstream one, that's why its released.
>
> If we knew about any bugs other than ones that also exist in the RHEL
> compile, we would not release it at all, we'd fix it.

I can confirm the same behaviour Mark describes in point (1) above on a
genuine RHEL7 system, so as Johnny says, "it is working like the
upstream one", so no bug there from a CentOS perspective. However, it's
not consistent (for me) and not troublesome enough for me to have taken
note as to when it may or may not occur.

I am not able to meaningfully comment on point (2).