[CentOS] kvm & permission denied

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:18:39 UTC 2018

On 07/15/2018 12:45 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> The location of the iso image in /var/lib/libvirt/images/ directory
> fixed the problem and allowed me to proceed with my laboratory
> development. Thank you very much.  After knowing the importance of the
> location of the iso image files,  I re-read the tutorials and I could
> not identify this piece of information, hopefully this thread will help
> others that are newbies with kvm.

When you browse for an image using virt-manager, /var/lib/libvirt/images
is the only location in which you can select image files without adding
a new "volume."  The authors of the tutorials you read may have assumed
that users would copy images to that location rather than adding a new
volume.

You can help make those tutorials better by contacting their authors and
suggesting that they mention that users should copy image files there.
I'm sure you're not the only person whose time could be saved by a
helpful tip.