[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Jul 19 16:05:08 UTC 2018

On 07/19/2018 09:57 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> <rant>
> As far as google anything goes, not everybody volunteers one's
> information into paws of google (and quite likely one or more of 3
> letter agencies collecting information that way). I know (call it
> educated guess) that about 70% of messages I send are ending up in
> google databases whether I want it or not. Someone said quite some time
> ago: you don't need to recruit spies anymore, just roll out "free"
> services, and information will trickle to you. I am old enough to know
> what collection of information on everybody leads to (Hitler Germany,
> Stalin Russia, ...), but I also know that the worst lesson of history
> is: people do not learn lessons of history. So, I do the best I can do:
> roll out services people I work for may need, and avoid by any means
> advertising google whatever myself, I just keep neutral when that
> surfaces in discussions with my people.
> </rant>

Your points are valid for sure .. but if you are not encrypting your
email, then all of it is likely being scanned and saved anyway.  Any
router along the way can log packets and see whatever is transmitted
that is not encrypted.

Most of the world uses android phones (I think it is like 75% now) and
all the mail that goes there is available to google as well, right?

Not to say I like it .. I don't.  But people want it to work, work in a
user friendly way and convenient access from everywhere .. and from
their phone, their home pc, while traveling, etc.