[CentOS] Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sun Jul 22 04:51:16 UTC 2018

On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 20:41:40 -0700
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On 2018-07-22, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> >
> > And on top of all: MS Windows is the only systems I know of whose
> > vendor tells you, it is not safe to run without 3rd party software
> > (antivirus).
>
> AFAIK (my son runs Windows, to my shame) Windows now comes bundled
> with antivirus software.  I have no idea if it actually works or not.

Yes, isn't it blatant? MS makes defective systems that attract
malicious software (viruses) then claims its anti-virus SW is an extra
added attraction. No doubt they monetize it somehow.Too baroque for me.

The apt cache description of xbill (qv) is just right:

"Ever get the feeling that nothing is going right?  You're a sysadmin,
and someone's trying to destroy your computers.  The little people
running around the screen are trying to infect your computers with
Wingdows [TM], a virus cleverly designed to resemble a popular
operating system.  Your objective is to click the mouse on them, ending
their potential threat. If one of the people reaches a computer, it
will attempt to replace your operating system with the virus it
carries. It will then attempt to run off the screen with your vital
software."

Dave